FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

CREATE ACCOUNT

The Insurance industry in Kenya has had a penetration and uptake of 3 per cent according to a report released by the Association of Kenya Insurance (AKI) in 2017. Tis mean that insurers have been leaving out 97 per cent of the Kenyan population. The industry expects a great disruption from 1 January, 2021. This

Think Business Banking Awards

The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) has been selected as one of the 39 global and only African finalist for the prestigious Oracle CX Excellence Awards to be announced this tomorrow in Chicago, USA. The taxman has been nominated as a finalist in the Modern Customer Experience Award. This award recognizes the organization that delivers an

The commodities trading landscape has significantly changed since the financial crisis, to a large extent due to regulation (Dodd-Frank act, MIFID II) and to a lesser extent because of sharp price drops in oil and metals at the end of the China driven supercycle in 2011, which left institutional investors weary of commodities. Large banks

Since 1989, banks and building societies in Britain have been shutting branches at a rate of approximately 300 per year, a trend which has dramatically accelerated in recent years as traditional lenders respond to pressure on cutting costs, according to a recent Reuters article. Against a backdrop of fewer traditional lenders focusing of less commercial

The upgraded version of Ecobank’s revolutionary mobile app has attracted 3 million new customers in just 6 months, taking the total number of users to 4 million. The app builds on the core functionality that saw the original version applauded as a game changer for African banking by using digital technology to combat many of

The new tiered tariffs will see PayPal users charged a gradual fee based on the withdrawal amount from Equity Equity Bank has today announced a review of withdrawal charges on its Equity PayPal Withdrawal service. Effective April this year, the new tariffs will see users pay as low as 1 per cent on withdrawals made

Equity Group Holdings has yet again reported a rise in profits despite harsh macroeconomic environment in 2017. The bank reported a 16% increase profits after tax from Ksh. 16.6 billion in 2016 to Ksh 18.9 billion in 2017. “Equity Group business model has proven that the Group is not dependent on the loan book only

Barclays Bank of Kenya has launched a virtual mobile based banking platform with the launch of Timiza, which enables customers and non-customers to access banking services directly from their phones. With the pre-conceived notion that the banks’ products are specifically set aside for its premium clients the launch of Timiza is proof that the lender

Taxi hailing service provider ‘Taxify’ has introduced a new motor bike hailing service that works within their existing smartphone application being used by vehicles. Kenya marks the second country amongst countries where the firm operates, that it has launched the service known as Taxify Boda. Speaking during the launch event in Nairobi, Chisom Anoke, Taxify

TOP